Academic Advising

Useful Links

Career and Academic Academic Advising
Career and Academic Advising webpage, full of information and sources useful to a good academic advisor
Web List of Available Courses
Find out what current enrollments are in all courses, what courses are still available.
My UH Portal
Using their usernames and passwords, faculty can go to MyUH Services and access current and past class lists, as well as class lists for the coming semester; email students on their course lists; check course enrollments; see what courses are being offered on all campuses in the UH system; and submit final grades.

Useful Forms

Request for Modification of Academic Requirements
Students who wish to substitute a course for another, required course, or who wish to request that certain requirements be waived or be considered to be met by unusual means should complete this request form with their advisor, whose approval is required.
Application to Graduate In Absentia
Students planning to complete their senior year at another institution, but wishing to earn their baccalaureate degree at UH Hilo need to meet certain requirements and to ensure that the courses they take elsewhere will enable them to meet our graduation and major requirements. Advisors and students use this form to apply to graduate in absentia. Advisors and department chairs must approve this request.
Graduation Application Form
Seniors must apply for graduation early in the semester prior to the intended semester of graduation. See the university catalog for application deadlines.

See the Forms web page for links to other important forms.