All dive plans must be resubmitted to follow COVID-19 exposure guidelines.
A dive plan is required for every dive under UHDSP auspicies.
A dive reservation is required for each dive day.
Dive applications should be sent to the Unit Diving Coordinator prior to submission to UHDSP.
UH Hilo Diver Database
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access. Only available to Active Scientific Divers.
Lead Diver Resources
For each dive, one individual shall be designated as the Lead Diver. He/she shall be at the dive location or the dive site during the diving operation and be responsible for the following:
- Coordination of activity
- Verification of all divers' authorizations
- Dive briefing, planning, and site evaluation (SEABAG)
- Emergency contacts and emergency equipment
- Reporting any incidents or accidents
- Supervising completion of individual dive logs
Emergency Forms & Info
- Big Island EMS Info
- Dive Accident Management Checklist
- UH Accident Report Form
- UH Hilo Emergency Contacts Form
For information on University of Hawaiʻi Diving Safety Program regulations and procedures, please refer to the UH Diving Safety Manual