The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). This accreditation was reaffirmed on July 11, 2022, for a period of 6years. The next WSCUC review is scheduled for Spring 2024.
Compliance with Criteria for Review (CFR) Under WSCUC
Note: We are in the process of updating the website to comply with WSCUC’s new standards of accreditation that go into effect in Fall 2024. We appreciate your patience as we configure our webpage and links.
Guidelines are in parentheses, following definitions for each CFR; evidence for each CFR is listed as bullet points.
- Standard 1. Defining Institutional Purposes and Ensuring Educational Objectives
- Standard 2. Achieving Educational Objectives through Core Functions
- Standard 3. Developing and Applying Resources and Organizational Structures to Ensure Sustainability
- Standard 4. Creating an Organization Committed to Learning and Improvement
- Documents for 2021-2022 Institutional Review for Reaffirmation of Accreditation
- Documents for 2016-2017 Interim Report
- Documents for 2013-2014 Institutional Review for Reaffirmation of Accreditation
- Program Accreditation by External Agencies
- Programs Completing Substantive Change Review
WSCUC contact information
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
985 Atlantic Avenue, Ste. 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797