Loans from Other Libraries
On this page:
Interlibrary Loan at Edwin H. Mookini Library
What Is Interlibrary Loan?
Loans from Other Libraries, or Interlibrary Loan (ILL), is a service provided for current University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College students, faculty, and staff by which materials not owned by the Mookini Library are obtained from other libraries.
- We may not be able to obtain articles published outside the United States.
When Do I Use Interlibrary Loan?
Before requesting an item through ILL:
Check Find a Journal Title to see if the journal issue is available electronically through one of our databases.
For help locating resources within the library or via a database to which the library subscribes, check with the Information Desk by phone at (808) 932-7296 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is Mookini Library’s online system for requesting full-text journal articles not available in our databases and books from libraries outside the UH System (for books available in another UH library use LibCat). It is also used to request book chapters for books not in Mookini Library's collections.
Log in to ILLiad with your UH Username and Password.
The first time you access ILLiad, you will be prompted to create a new ILLiad account.
For your security, close the internet browser after logging out of ILLiad if at a public computer that is used by other individuals.
All correspondence will be to your UH email (@hawaii.edu) account. Check your UH email account periodically for status updates.
- Delivered to your ILLiad account
- Stored for 30 days, after which time they will be purged from your account
- Can be downloaded – recommended in case of ILLiad down-times or to maintain access after 30 days
- Can be printed
- Loan periods vary
- Pick up and return physical items to the Library's Circulation Desk
- Request book chapters by selecting the ILLiad Book Chapter request form
There are no fees associated with the placing or receiving of requests
Borrowers are responsible for fees charged by the lending library for overdue, lost, or damaged items
Not Available from Outside the UH System
- Audiovisual materials
- Microfilm and microfiche
- Some articles published outside the United States
- Can’t remember your UH Password? Manage your UH Account at https://www.hawaii.edu/username
- Not receiving ILL emails? Check your email account’s spam folder.
- Need Help? For more information or assistance:
- (808) 932-7288
For help locating resources within the library or via a database to which the library subscribes, check with the Information Desk by phone at (808) 932-7286 or by email at: email@example.com.