On this page:
You must have a UH Hilo or Hawaiʻi CC ID card or a print card to use the network print system.
- Print cards may be purchased for $1.00 at the card machine in the library on the 2nd floor (Main Level), to the right of the Circulation Desk.
- Additional money can be added to either type of card as needed to pay for printing.
- Put money on either type of card by inserting it into the card machine and depositing bills (no coins accepted).
- No refund available once money is added to a card.
- Change may be available at the Circulation Desk.
Library users can print to a networked printer from most library computers.
Printers have only 8.5" x 11" (letter size) paper and the cost is 10 cents per page for black and white, 50 cents per page for color.
Other Printers on Campus
Black and white printers are also located at:
- Campus Center (mezzanine level)
- Science Technology Building (117)
- Hale Kauanoe
- Athletics Bldg 320C (between Student Life Center and tennis courts)
These have only 8.5" x 11" (letter size) paper and the cost is 10 cents per page.
How To Print in the Library
1) Select "Print" from the toolbar of the program or database you are using.
- Make sure to look at which printer is selected: black and white or color.
2) When prompted, enter your UH username and password for your print job. Select "Sign In".
3) Select the print job(s) that you want by marking the box(es). The prints will be available for one hour, after which they will be deleted.
4) Go to the nearest GoPrint station: one is located on each floor near the public computers and one is in the Computer Lab on the 2nd floor (Main Level).
5) At the GoPrint station, sign in with your UH username and password.
6) Your Account ID (UH username) will be in the red box at the top right of the screen.
Select the print job(s) that you would like to print.
7) Next, select "Continue" when your print job(s) is selected.
The price will be displayed at the bottom center of the screen, "Total Price."
8) Select "Click to Print."
9) You will be prompted to insert your print card in the card reader.
10) Your print job is successful when the message says the "job was released."
Select "Sign Out" to exit.
Return to the card reader machine and remove your card.