Accessing Online Library Resources
New! How to Register with the Library Video - 1 minute, 35 seconds.
Please try to get into the library’s databases now - if you can’t it will take a few days to process your account, so don’t wait until you need to begin finding sources.
- Go to the Research page and select the link for your campus: UH Hilo, Hawaiʻi Community College - Manono, or Hawaiʻi Community College - Pālamanui.
Make sure to select the correct campus link or you will get an error message even if you are registered with the library.
- See this short video about Why You Have to Choose Your Campus on the Library Website (1:05).
Select Databases - A-Z list.
Select Academic Search Complete (it’s the first one).
- Log in using your UH username and password: If you get into Academic Search Complete, you’re all set. If not, go to #5.
- If you couldn't get into the database, you must register with the library.
- Online registration is not immediate - it can take 2-4 business days. 1
- You can also go into any UH library with a valid photo ID to register your account (usually processed within 1-2 hours). This can be a UH ID, state ID, driver’s license, passport, military ID, etc.
- After the appropriate time frame from step 5, start with step 1 again. Make sure you are selecting the correct campus. If you still get an error message:
- If you are logged in on another tab with a non-UH Google / Gmail account, you will need to either:
- log out of that one and log in with your UH username and password
- use the Mookini Library website from another browser, i.e., Chrome instead of Firefox.
- You may also need to clear your browser cache and / or restart your computer.
If you still can’t get into the database, email Amy Saxton (firstname.lastname@example.org) right away with:
- your full name
- your hawaii.edu email
- what class you are enrolled in on which campus