Faculty Information for Disability Access
Desk Reference Guide
A Desk Reference Guide on College Students With Disabilities for faculty and staff is available in PDF format.
Disability Statement on Syllabus
In order to be pro-active in assisting students with disabilities, faculty and instructional staff are encouraged to include a statement on their syllabus each semester, such as the following:
Any student with a documented disability who would like to request for accommodations should contact the Disability Services Office: 932-7623 (Voice), or 932-7002 (TTY), email@example.com, Student Services Center, Room E-230, as early in the semester as possible.
Disability Access Statement
Quick Tips to Make Accessible Web Sites
For Complete Guidelines & Checklist: www.w3.org/WAI
- Images & animations: Use the alt attribute to describe the function of each visual.
- Multimedia. Provide captioning and transcripts of audio, and descriptions of video.
- Hypertext links. Use text that makes sense when read out of context. For example, avoid "click here."
- Page organization. Use headings, lists, and consistent structure. Use CSS for layout and style where possible.
- Graphs & charts. Summarize or use the
- Scripts, applets, & plug-ins. Provide alternative content in case active features are inaccessible or unsupported.
- Tables. Make line-by-line reading sensible. Summarize.
- Check your work. Validate. Use the tools, checklist, and guidelines available at the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines