Currently Offered Degrees

For detailed information, please see the University Catalog

Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Degree Requirements
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology with a specialization in Mental Health Counseling
General Information and Degree Requirements. Also see Graduate Programs at UH Hilo.

For additional information about a UH Hilo Psychology program please contact the corresponding faculty member:

Department of Psychology
Chair Dr. Adam A. Pack, (Phone: (808) 932-7082, E-mail:
BA Degree in Psychology Program
Acting Coordinator of Undergraduate Studies Dr. Adam A. Pack, (Phone: (808) 932-7082, E-mail:
MA Degree in Counseling Psychology Program
Program Director Dr. Charmaine Higa-McMillan, (Phone: (808)-932-7850, Email:

Frequently asked questions

Does the department offer a Minor in Psychology?
No, we do not offer a minor.
How can I declare a Major in Psychology?
Please fill out an application available from the Student Services.
Who is my academic advisor?
Information about advisors assigned to registered UH Hilo students is found on MyUH Services. Also, see our advising page.
How can I enroll in the MA in Counseling Psychology Program?
Please look up general information about the MA degree above.
Can anyone take graduate courses in Counseling Psychology?
No, only graduate students admitted into the program can take these courses.
I need to take a Psychology class, but it is full, and the system would not let me register. What can I do?
Please contact the course instructor.