Campus IDs and Validations
On this page:
Benefits of a Campus ID Card
In addition to serving as your campus photo identification (ID) card, your campus ID card gives you access to a variety of in-person services.
- UH Hilo Students gain access and participate in Chartered Student Organization (CSO) services, events and activities. These organizations include:
- Access your meal plan or flex points for use at University Dining Services facilities.
- Borrow books or reserve a study room at the The Edwin H. Mookini Library.
- Print and copy documents using printing services in the The Edwin H. Mookini Library. Load your card at their printing stations.
- Note: The Campus Center and Library will not refund any printing monies for lost or stolen student ID cards.
- Admission into the Student Life Center including the weight room, IMUA fitness classes, pool and more.
- Receive services at Student Medical Services.
- Use of UH Hilo mailing services.
Obtaining an ID Card (Student, Faculty & Staff)
All incoming and returning University of Hawaiʻi students, faculty, and staff are entitled to a campus ID card for $10.00. All campus ID cards are issued at the Campus Center's Da Lava Tube during Fall & Spring semesters and at Campus Center office in room 210 during Spring semesters. Lava Landing is conveniently located in the heart of campus—Campus Center Room 204, in Lava Landing.
For the health and safety of our UH Hilo campus community, we are offering services for new Campus ID Cards, Campus ID validations, and Da Lava Tube usage by appointment only for Summer 2021. Lava Landing will be closed for the Spring 2021 semester on 5/5/2021, the last day of instruction. Services for Summer 2021 IDs and validations will start on 5/17/2021. Da Lava Tube Gameroom is closed until Fall 2021. Appointments can be made from 10:00AM-2:00PM and are offered on a first-come first-served basis.
To make an appointment:
- Submit an online request for a virtually-made Campus ID card via our Virtual Campus ID Card Request form. or,
- Schedule your appointment via the Campus Center Lava Landing Appointments webpage.
Please have your $10.00 and Government Issued ID (i.e. Driver's License, State ID, or Passport) ready on-hand. Please contact Disability Services for disability accommodations.
Campus ID Validations
In order to receive the benefits and services that UH Hilo has to offer, your campus ID card must be validated each semester that you are enrolled or employed at UH Hilo. Validations are given at Lava Landing during Fall and Spring semesters and at the Campus Center office rm 210 during the Summer semester. Validations are free. We are unable to provide campus ID validations via online at this time.
For the health and safety of our UH Hilo campus community, we are offering services for Campus ID Card Validations by appointment only for Summer 2021. Lava Landing will be closed for the Spring 2021 semester on 5/5/2021, the last day of instruction. Services for Summer 2021 IDs and validations will start on 5/17/2021. Appointments can be made 10:00AM-2:00PM. Schedule your appointment via the Campus Center Lava Landing Appointments webpage.
Please have your Campus ID Card & Government Issued ID (i.e. Driver's License, State ID, or Passport) ready on-hand. Please contact Disability Services for disability accommodations.
Research Corporation of the University of Hawaiʻi (RCUH) ID Cards
Fill out the RCUH ID Card Application Form (PDF) and submit it to RCUH Human Resources. They will review & certify your UH-RCUH Faculty/Staff ID card request. The completed/signed request form will be emailed to you.
- You must then take the completed form to Da Lava Tube. Please be sure to bring a valid photo ID (driver's license, state ID, passport, etc.) in order to process your UH-RCUH ID application form.
- UH Hilo regular status employees will be required to pay $5.00.
- UH Hilo and UH Mānoa temporary staff will be required to pay $10.00.
Replacement: What's Wrong with Your Card?
"My Campus ID Card is Not Working Properly."
Students must surrender their damaged or invalid campus ID card in order to receive a replacement campus ID card. The cost to replace a damaged campus ID card is $5.00.
"I lost my Campus ID Card."
Contact the Campus Center by phone at (808) 932-7365, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting Lava Landing (map) to see if the card was turned in. The Campus Center Office will also contact you via your hawaii.edu email if your campus ID card is turned in at our office. You can also check with Campus Security's lost and found.
If your campus ID card is not found, you can purchase a replacement for $10.00 at Da Lava Tube. You would follow the same process as getting a new campus ID card.
"My Campus ID Card was Stolen."
File a police report and get a copy of the report or the case number. If you present the Campus Center office with a valid police report, you will receive a replacement ID card at no cost.
- Phone: (808) 932-7365
- Email: email@example.com