Hohonu - A Journal of Academic Writing
Submissions for the Spring 2019 edition are now closed. Please consider submitting your work for the upcoming edition for 2019-2020!
Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. Hohonu strives for excellence in producing a product reflective of the student body, their talents, and interests. Hohonu encourages scholars to show pride in their work, providing them with the opportunity to have their work published and the opportunity to read the work of their peers. It is the aim of Hohonu to facilitate in sharing of quality academic writing and to exist as a reference for students looking to learn something about writing, a new subject, an attitude, or perhaps even themselves.
We are looking to fill staff positions for the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested and want to join the Hohonu Team, fill out an application (PDF) or pick up a form in the Campus Center Office in Room 210.
To be eligible to submit work for the 2018-2019 academic year you must:
- Be a active UH Hilo student during either the Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020 academic year
- Fall 2019 graduates are eligible to submit
- Submissions must be original work
- Submissions must have been written for or in conjunction with a UH Hilo class or affiliated program (such as PIPES)
- Submission must not exceed 7500 words including references, work cited etc.
Fill out our Survey!
Email us for more information.