Hohonu - A Journal of Academic Writing
Submissions for the Spring 2019 edition are now open. Please consider submitting your work for this edition!
Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. Hohonu strives for excellence in producing a product reflective of the student body, their talents, and interests. Hohonu encourages scholars to show pride in their work, providing them with the opportunity to have their work published and the opportunity to read the work of their peers. It is the aim of Hohonu to facilitate in sharing of quality academic writing and to exist as a reference for students looking to learn something about writing, a new subject, an attitude, or perhaps even themselves.
We are looking to fill staff positions for the 2018-2019 school year. If you are want to join the Hohonu Team, fill out an application (PDF).
To be eligible to submit work for the 2018-2019 academic year you must:
- Be a active UH Hilo student during either the Fall 2018 and/or Spring 2019 academic year
- Fall 2018 graduates are eligible to submit
- Submissions must be original work
- Submissions must have been written for or in conjunction with a UH Hilo class or affliated program (such as PIPES)
- Submission must not exceed 7500 words including references, work cited etc.
Please submit your work using this form.
Fill out our Survey!
Email us for more information.