UH Hilo Student Association (UHHSA)
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is currently running a hybrid format. The best way to contact UHHSA is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email us with your questions or to schedule an appointment. All UH Hilo students are still able to access our services online and our in-person events.
E komo mai!
We, the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA), look to accurately represent the views of the entire student body. UHHSA is a chartered student organization (CSO) on the UH Hilo campus, funded by the student fees of all UH Hilo students (both in-person and distance learners).
We have been chartered by the Board of Regents and the Chancellor of the University, with the purpose to:
- Serve as a smooth, accountable, representative, and stable voice for all students.
- Improve education quality. Visit our senate page for more information.
- Provide a vehicle for student involvement, as well as ascertain students' needs and/or wants.
- Enrich student life through the development and implementation of co-curricular programs and events. Visit our committees page for more information.
We act as a liaison between the student body and the college administration through active collaboration with faculty, the University Board of Regents, the State Legislature, and campus student organizations.
We are currently working on
- Advocacy (via collecting student feedback and ideas, as well as through our student survey.)
- Developing and implementing various initiatives (i.e.: Feminine Hygiene Packages, Banner Project, Umbrella Initiatives)
Do you have any ideas, concerns, or would like to get involved with UHHSA?