UH Hilo Student Association (UHHSA)
E komo mai...
We, the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association look to accurately represent the views of the entire student body. We act as a liaison between the student body and the college administration through active collaboration with faculty, the University Board of Regents, the State Legislature, and campus student organizations. If you have any ideas or concerns or would like to get involved please feel free to email one of your senators from the Senate page or UHHSA at email@example.com. Mahalo!
You are welcome to stop by and visit us at the UHHSA office at Campus Center room 203-A.
We make an effort to be available for our students. Our office hours are generally from 8AM-4PM Monday-Friday.
Follow us on the UH Hilo App.
Apply for UHHSA Today!
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) Application for 2018-19 Elections is now available. We will be accepting applications until March 2, 2018.
To run for an elected position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently registered at UH Hilo for a minimum of six (6) UH Hilo credit hours.
- Be registered for at least six (6) credit hours at UH Hilo throughout the campaign and election period and each semester during your term.
- Have paid your mandatory UHHSA student fee.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the time of nomination. (2.0 semester GPA must be maintained throughout term of office.)
- Be free of any disciplinary sanctions.
Elected UHHSA positions: There is a total of fourteen (14) positions in UHHSA. All positions are open for application during the Elections Season. Please note that some positions have additional eligibility requirements (listed below):
- Data Director
- College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management(CAFNRM) Senator
- Ka Haka ‘ Ula o Ke‘elikolani (KH‘UOK) Senator
- College of Arts and Science (CAS) Senator
- College of Business and Economics (CoBE) Senator
- Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DIKCoP) Senator
- Graduate Senator
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Executive positions require a one-year minimum of CSO experience.
- College Senators (CAFNRM, CAS, CoBE, DKICP, KH’UOK) must be a UH Hilostudent currently enrolled at that prospective college.
- Graduate Senator must be a UH Hilo student enrolled in a graduate program.