- Richard Lee , Music
- Justina Mattos , Performing Arts
Lecturers and Staff:
- Gloria Mendoza-Watson , Staff Accompanist
- Mark Sheffield , Applied Music Instructor
- Walter Greenwood, Choral Program and Staff Accompanist
The Baccalaureate degree in Performing Arts consists of Integrated Major Requirements that are a balance of Dance, Music and Performance. 1) required PARTS core 21 credits; 2) Unified Training Experiences 17 credits; 3) Leadership 6 credits; plus 4) 12 additional advanced (300 – 400) level credits in either Dance, Music, and Performance that have been selected in consultation with your PARTS department Advisor.
The PARTS BA degree requires completion of UHH General Electives (64 credits) plus the PARTS Integrated Major (56 credits): 120 credits total.
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Major has a three-fold mission:
- To serve the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo with general education and service courses;
- To provide an academic major in the Performing Arts, with three individual specialty concentrations in dance, drama performance, and music; and
- To contribute to the cultural life of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Island through artistic performances and offerings in music, drama, and dance, through public lectures, and through related professional activities.