Performing Arts Minor
The Performing Arts Minor is designed for non-majors who wish to show expertise in the performing arts. Students must earn a “C” or higher in all Performing Arts courses that are applied toward completion of the Performing Arts Minor.
Program Requirements (28 credits):
Required Courses in Drama (10)
- DRAM 101 Introduction to Theatre (3)
- DRAM 280 Basic Stagecraft (3)
- DRAM 280L Basic Stagecraft Laboratory (1)
- And one of the following courses:
- DRAM 318 Playwriting (3)
- DRAM 321 Styles Of Acting (3)
- DRAM 340 Stage Makeup (3)
- DRAM 350 Stage Costume (3)
- DRAM 421 Acting Troupe (3)
- DRAM 430 Directing (3)
- DRAM 490 Lyric Theatre (3)
Required Courses in Dance (9)
- DNCE 251 Intro To Dance (3)
- DNCE 371 Choreography (3)
- DNCE 401 Dance Ensemble (3)
Required Courses in Music (9)
- MUS 160 Intro to Music Literature (3)
- And two ensemble courses, selected from:
- MUS 102 University Chorus (3)
- MUS 402 Jazz Orchestra (3)
- MUS 404 Kapili Choir (3)
- MUS 406 Chamber Ensembles (3)
- All prerequisites must be completed before students will be allowed to register for upper-division courses.
- Repeatable courses may be counted only once toward fulfilling the requirements for the Minor.
- Students must earn a “C” or higher in all Performing Arts courses that are applied toward completion of the Performing Arts Minor.