Performing Arts Minor
The Performing Arts Minor is designed for non-majors who wish to show expertise in the performing arts. Students must earn a “C” or higher in all Performing Arts courses that are applied toward completion of the Performing Arts Minor.
Program Requirements (25 credits):
1. Required Courses in Drama (10)
- DRAM 101 Introduction to Theatre (3) or DRAM 221 Beginning Acting I (3)
- DRAM 280 Basic Stagecraft (3)
- DRAM 280L Basic Stagecraft Laboratory (1)
- Choose three credits of DRAM courses at any level (3)
2. Required Courses in Dance (6)
- DNCE 150 Intro To Dance (3)
- Choose three credits of DNCE courses at any level (3)
3. Required Courses in Music (6)
- MUS 106 Intro to Music Literature (3) or MUS 107 Music in World Cultures (3)
- Choose one ensemble course, selected from the following list (3):
- MUS 114 University Chorus (3)
- MUS 402 Jazz Orchestra (3)
- MUS 404 Kapili Choir (3)
- MUS 410 Ensembles (3)
4. Choose an additional three-credits in DRAM, DNCE or MUS (3)
- All prerequisites must be completed before students will be allowed to register for upper-division courses.
- Repeatable courses may be counted only once toward fulfilling the requirements for the Minor.
- Students must earn a “C” or higher in all Performing Arts courses that are applied toward completion of the Performing Arts Minor.