The Dance Minor is designed for students who wish to show expertise in dance. Students must earn a “C” or higher in all courses that are applied toward completion of the Dance Minor.
Requirements (24 Credits)
- DNCE 150 Intro To Dance (3)
- Choose Two Level One Dance Courses (6):
- DNCE 160 Ballet I (3)
- DNCE 170 BegContemp Dance/Hawaiʻi Themes (3)
- DNCE 180 Jazz Dance I (3)
- DNCE 190 Modern Dance I (3)
- Choose Two Level Two Dance Courses (6)
- DNCE 260 Ballet II (3)
- DNCE 270 IntContempDance Hawaiʻi/Themes (3)
- DNCE 280 Jazz Dance II (3)
- DNCE 290 Modern Dance II (3)
- Choose One Performance Ensemble Course (3):
- DNCE 401 Dance Ensemble (3)
- DNCE 475 Dance Hawaiʻi Performance Group (3)
- DNCE 371 Choreography (3)
- DNCE 419 Dance In Education (3)
- Students must earn a minimum grade of C in each course required for the Dance Minor.
- Students are required to participate in end-of-semester performance showcases.
- Be aware of course prerequisites and the frequency with which courses are offered. Information is available in the “course listings” in this catalog.