CSO Funding Committee
The UH Hilo Chartered Student Organization (CSO) Funding Committee serves as an advisory committee to the UH Hilo CSOs including the UH Hilo Student Association (UHHSA), Student Activities Council (SAC), Board of Student Publications (BOSP), Board of Media Broadcasting (BOMB), and Campus Center Fee Board (CCFEE).
The purpose of this committee is to provide opportunities to UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organizations (RISOs) to request financial support to develop their own programming and services enriching student life at UH Hilo. The mandatory student fees are collected and expended in accordance with each CSO’s mission and philosophy. Although providing funding for UH Hilo RISOs, funding is not part of the CSO's missions and therefore not required. CSOs do recognize the contributions that these groups provide and it's positive impact on student life at UH Hilo.
The timeline for the committee's next round of awarding for the 2021-2022 academic year is listed below:
- Call for Proposals: 12/23/2021 thru 1/17/2022
- Once available, completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off attention to CSO Funding Committee, c/o Maile Boggeln , Campus Center, rm 210.
- Announcement of Spring 2021 Funded Proposals: 1/31/2022
- Activities and projects being proposed must take place between: 4/8/2022 and 5/14/2022
- Colsen Balai, UHHSA CAS Senator and UHHSA RISO Chair
- Jotis Russell-Christian, SAC Treasurer
- Mia Rivera, BOMB Treasurer
- Maile Boggeln , Student Organizations Coordinator (Advisor)