UHHSA Funding Committee
The purpose of this committee is to provide opportunities to UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organizations (RISOs) to request financial support via fundraising initiatives to develop their own programming and services at UH Hilo. The mandatory student fees are collected and expended in accordance with the UH Hilo Student Association’s (UHHSA's) mission and philosophy. Providing funding for RISOs is optional and UHHSA is not is required to make funding available to RISOs.
This award will provide a selected RISO with funding in the form of items to resell for fundraising purposes or supplies to hold a fundraiser (i.e. car wash supplies). All funding requests are capped at $1000.00 per RISO per school year. The funding committee will not consider any additional funding beyond this limit. There is no limit to the number of request that you can make to the Committee; each request will be reviewed on it's own merit and considered for funding.
Reminder: RISOs will not be awarded more than $1,000 in total per school year.
The Funding Committee will not consider requests for prizes/gifts, stipends, reimbursements; this includes after-the-fact purchases paid out-of-pocket, tickets/vouchers, gift certificates/gift cards, items used for the operations of the organization (i.e. fees incurred by group, school supplies, membership dues), travel for RISO or individuals within the RISO, operational supplies & equipment, items or events that are directly tied to a students grade.
All applications submitted by the deadline will be evaluated before awards are determined to ensure the most appropriate use of student fees. The Committee reserves the choice to award an amount less than requested.
Application Requirements & Deadlines
- RISOs must be approved by the RISO office at the time that the application is submitted.
- Your target audience shall be UH Hilo students as the funding requested for this program or service is derived from UH Hilo student fees.
- Application deadlines: If your fundraising program in a particular month, the deadline will be the first business day of the month prior. See the following deadlines below for Spring 2024:
- Fundraising Program in January-February 2024 due Friday, December 1st, 2023
- Fundraising Program in March 2024 due Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024
- Fundraising Program in April 2024 due Friday, February 2nd, 2024
- Fundraising Program in May 2024 due Friday, March 1st, 2024
To submit your application, please use the following form: https://go.hawaii.edu/yCf
If you have any questions, please contact the UHHSA Funding Committee at email@example.com.
- Gemmy Alegre, UH Hilo Student Association, DKICP Senator (Committee Chair)
- Ethan Paguirigan , Campus Center Student Organizations Coordinator (Committee Advisor)