Attendance & Satisfactory Progress
This is the 2019-2020 UH Hilo catalog, previous year catalogs can be viewed on the Back Issues page.
Regular on-time attendance in class and laboratory sessions is expected of all students in the University. Unavoidable absences should be explained to the instructor involved. If a student finds it necessary to take a leave of absence during a semester, he or she should discuss this with each instructor and arrange to make up course requirements.
Students failing to attend classes during the Add/Drop period may be dropped from those courses to accommodate students on waiting lists.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Satisfactory academic progress is defined by the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo as maintaining an undergraduate or post-baccalaureate UH Hilo cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 or a graduate UH Hilo cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0.
- Academic Expectations and Responsibilities
- Academic Advising
- Adding a Course
- Dropping or Withdrawing from a Course
- Complete Withdrawal
- Declaration of Major
- Change of Major/College/Classified Status
- Classification of Students
- Course Numbering System
- Credits, Grades and Examinations
- Transfer Credits
- Credit for Education Received While in Military Service
- Final Examinations
- Repeating Courses
- Directed Reading and Directed Studies
- Exceptions to Academic Regulations
- Attendance & Satisfactory Progress
- Academic Warning, Probation & Dismissal
- Academic Bankruptcy
- Academic Dishonesty
- Academic Complaints
- Participation in Assessment Efforts
- Graduation Requirements