International Training Program
This summer, the CSAV International Training program was attended by nine scientists, from six countries:
- Giuseppe Salerno and Letizia Spampinato from Italy;
- Benancio Henriquez and Fabio Alvarado from El Salvador;
- Edu Taipe and Patricia Marisol from Peru;
- Milena Berrocal from Costa Rica;
- Jose Palma from Chile;
- Juan Carlos Gavilanes from Mexico
CSAV International 2005. Standing, L-R: George Kojima, instructor; Benancio; Bob Koyanagi, instructor; Fabio; Juan Carlos; Letizia; Giuseppe. Seated, L-R: Jose; Edu; Patricia; Milena.
Edu Taipe and Letizia Spampinato adjust the seismic antenna in Kilauea Iki.
The group collects gas samples near Halemaumau.
David Whilldin demonstrates the installation of broadband seismometer on Mauna Loa.
The group hiked out with Scott Rowland and found active lava breakouts in late June.