This is the 2019-2020 UH Hilo catalog, previous year catalogs can be viewed on the Back Issues page.
- Education and Teaching:
- Heritage Management:
- Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani:
- Hawaiian Language (HAW) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Hawaiian Studies (HWST) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Education (KED) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Indigenous Language (KLAN) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Indigenous Studies (KIND) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Linguistics (KLIN) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Tropical Conservation Biology & Environmental Science:
How to read the course descriptions
Courses are described using the following format:
①CRS ②NUM③Title④(cr.)⑤(contact hrs) ⑥Full course description. ⑦Pre: pre-requisites. ⑧(Same as X-List) ⑨(Attributes: ATTR)
- Course subject
- Course number
- Course title
- Number of semester hours (credits)
- Contact hours type(s) if non-lecture
- Full description of the course.
- (if applicable) Prerequisites, co-requisites, recommended preparation or other requirements
- (if applicable) Cross-listed courses (equivalent courses offered through another subject heading)
- (if applicable) General Education Attributes
Special notations used for credits are as follows:
- (1-3), for example = the number of semester hours, in this example, may be 1, 2, or 3, as determined by the instructor at the time of offering.
- (Arr.) = the number of semester hours is arranged by the instructor.
Certain number endings are reserved for particular types of courses:
- “94” courses are Special Topics Courses.
- “95” courses are Seminars.
- “96” courses are Internship Courses.
- “97” and “98” courses are Experimental Courses offered only for one year on that basis (“97” is usually offered in the Fall and “98” in the Spring).
- “99” courses are Research and Directed Studies Courses.
Also see the list of undergraduate courses.
- Graduate Admission Procedures
- Graduate Education General Information
- M.A. in Heritage Management
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.)
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- M.S. in Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science
- Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language Graduate Programs
- Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) Graduate Programs
- Graduate Courses