Keʻelikōlani Indigenous Language (KLAN) Courses
Built upon a core commitment to Hawaiian language and culture education, Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani provides courses that also address the broader world of indigenous peoples and the use of Hawaiian as an official medium of education for the State of Hawaiʻi. Courses are marked with an initial K (for Keʻelikōlani) followed by an appropriate alpha, e.g. HAW (Hawaiian), HWS (Hawaiian Studies), IND (Indigenous Studies), ANT (Anthropology), ED (Education), etc.
See How to read course descriptions for information about the formatting used.
KLAN 441 Advanced Structures I (2) First semester advanced level study of an indigenous or lesser studied language focusing on structure, e.g. Blackfeet, Rapanui. May be repeated if the topic is different. Alpha varies according to the language. Pre- requisite or concurrent enrollment in KIND 441; consent of department and of instructor.
KLAN 442 Advanced Structures II (2) Second semester advanced level study of an indigenous or lesser studied language focusing on structure, e.g. Blackfeet, Rapanui. Alpha varies according to the language. May be repeated if the content if different. Pre: KIND 441, KLAN 441, concurrent enrollment in KIND 442; consent of department; consent of instructor.
KLAN x94 Special Topics in Subject Matter (Arr.) Special topics chosen by the instructor. Course content will vary. May be repeated for credit, provided that a different topic is studied. Additional requirements may apply depending on subject and topic.
KLAN x99 Directed Studies (Arr.) Statement of planned reading or research required. Pre: instructor’s consent.
Also see the KLAN graduate-level courses.
- B.A. in Hawaiian Studies Requirement
- Hawaiian Studies Minor
- Hawaiian Culture Certificate
- Hawaiian Language Certificate
- Multidisciplinary Hawaiian Studies Certificate
- Hawaiian Language (HAW) Courses
- Hawaiian Studies (HWST) Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Education (KED) Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Hawaiian Language (KHAW) Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Hawaiian Studies (KHWS) Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Indigenous Language (KLAN) Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Indigenous Studies (KIND) Courses