Hawaiian Studies Minor
The Hawaiian Studies Minor is designed for students pursuing a degree other than Hawaiian Studies who are interested in Hawaiian language and culture.
Requirements (23 credits):
Required Courses (11)
- 8 semester hours taken from any Hawaiian Language course not including HAW 101-102 and HAW 105
- One of the below courses (3)
- HWST 111 Hawaiian ʻOhana (3)
- HWST 176 Hist & Dev Of Hawn Music (3)
- HWST 211 Hawaiian Ethnobotany (3)
- HWST 213 Hawaiian Ethnozoology (3)
- 12 credits selected from any 300- or 400-level requirement or any 300- or 400-level elective of the B.A. in Hawaiian Studies Options I or II
- Students in the B.A. in Hawaiian Studies program are not eligible to pursue the minor, since the minor is designed for students in other degree programs.
- Students pursuing the minor may also pursue certificates offered within Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani.