Library Skills Assignment
A self-paced series of online modules delivered through Laulima teaches students how to find and evaluate information sources. Completion is required of all students in and equivalent courses.
On this page:
- Give a basic overview of various types of information with their strengths and weaknesses.
- Give a basic understanding of search strategies to more effectively and efficiently find relevant information.
- Introduce the library’s catalog, LibCat, and other databases to locate library materials.
- Provide criteria that you can use to evaluate information.
- Discuss the importance of properly citing sources and avoiding plagiarism.
The Laulima library assignment usually takes 2-3 hours to complete. You don’t need to do it all at one sitting! Do one or two modules at a time.
- All four modules and four quizzes must be completed before you take the Final.
- You must get an 80% or better on each module quiz before taking the Final.
- You may take the module quizzes as many times as you wish, but you can only take the Final Quiz once.
Go to Laulima.hawaii.edu and login with your UH username and password.
Select Mookini Library Instruction. You may have to choose it from Sites.
Start with the Overview page: information about how to get help with these library assignments is available at the bottom.
After reading the Overview page, select Modules, then click on Pre-Test Instructions.
To continue, select the "Next" link at the top or bottom of each page.
Go through the modules page by page, making sure to follow the links to additional information outside Laulima.
When you reach the last page of each module, you'll be directed to take the quiz for that module.
Beware! The quizzes may not be listed in order - make sure to select the quiz for the module you just completed.
You must score at least 80% on each of the four module quizzes to take the Final Quiz. You may re-take the module quizzes as many times as you want, but you can only take the Final Quiz once.
When you are ready to take the Final Quiz email firstname.lastname@example.org