Goals for Student Learning in the Major
Upon graduation students should posses the following knowledge and abilities:
- Knowledge. Students will be able to:
- Describe the major paradigms, theories, concepts, and subfields within the discipline.
- Discuss non-Western and alternative communication perspectives.
- Performance Skills. Students will be able to:
- Make effective public or professional presentations.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication competence.
- Participate in group discussions and facilitate dialogue.
- Display sensitivity to the perspectives of others.
- Capstone Paper or Project. Students will be able to:
- Design, implement, and/or evaluate a research project, a communication intervention, or a campaign.