Database Management Certificate
This is the 2019-2020 UH Hilo catalog, previous year catalogs can be viewed on the Back Issues page.
The Certificate in Database Management is intended to give students a thorough technical foundation in the theory, design, implementation and application of databases.
Requirements (25 credits):
- MATH 241 Calculus I (4) 1
- CS 141 Discrete Math for Comp Sci I (3)
- CS 150 Intro To Computer Science I (3) 1
- CS 151 Intro to Computer Sci II (3) 1
- CS 321 Data Structures (3)
- CS 420 Database Internals (3)
- CS 421 Database Systems Design (3)
- CS 422 Database Analytics (3)
1 Students must complete CS 150, CS 151, and MATH 241 or the equivalent with a grade of “C” or better in each course before applying for admission to the certificate program.
Students must obtain a grade of “C” or better in each required course in order to be awarded the certificate.