Computer Application Development Specialization Certificate
This is the 2019-2020 UH Hilo catalog, previous year catalogs can be viewed on the Back Issues page.
The Certificate in Computer Application Development Specialization allows students to learn applied technical skills that are directly applicable in the 21st century workplace.
Requirements: 21 credits from the following courses with a minimum of one course each from Blocks A, B, C, and D
- Block A:
- CS 100 Prin Of Computer Sci (3) or CS 101 Digital Tools for Info World (3) (not both)
- CS 130 Beg Graphics, Game Programg (3)
- CS 135 Animation Programming (3)
- CS 137 Digital Media with Flash (3)
- CS 138 Intro to Computing with Robots (3)
- CS 140 Multimedia Programming (3)
- CS 200 Web Technology I (3)
- Block B:
- CS 150 Intro To Computer Science I (3)
- CS 151 Intro to Computer Sci II (3)
- CS 201 Web Technology II (3)
- Block C:
- CS 205 PC Hardware (3)
- CS 300 Web Site Management (3)
- CS 315 Board Game Analysis & Design (3)
- Block D:
- CS 394 Special Topics in Subject Matter (To Be Arranged)
- CS 435 Ethical Hacking (3)
- Students must obtain a grade of “C” or better in each required course in order to be awarded the certificate.
- Students in the BS program in Computer Science are not eligible to pursue this certificate. Students who wish to have a minor in computer science are not eligible to pursue this certificate.