B.S. in Agriculture: Aquaculture Specialty Requirements
Group 1. General Education Foundation, Diversification, Structural, and Integrative Requirements in effect Fall 2018
Students may choose to graduate under the General Education Foundation, Diversification, Structural and Integrative requirements and graduation requirements in force at the time they entered the UH System, when they entered UH Hilo, or when they graduate, provided there is no break in enrollment.
Students should meet with their academic advisor to ensure that they enroll in courses that will enable them to meet these requirements as well as requirements for the major and for graduation. Some courses may meet both General Education requirements and major requirements.
The new GE foundations, diversification, structural and integrative requirements and lists of certified courses are posted on the General Education website.
Group 2. Major Requirements and Assigned Credits (83-85 credits)
1. Agriscience Requirements
- AG 200 Agro-Environmental Science Com (3)
- AG 291 Directed Work Experience Pgm (3)
- AG 496 Senior Seminar in Agriculture (1)
- AGBU 320 Agribus Management (3) or AGEC 330 Farm Management (3)
- AGEN 400 Aquaculture Engineering (4)
- ANSC 141 Intro To An Science (3)
- ANSC 254 Fundamentals of Nutrition (3)
- AQUA 262 Intro Aquaculture (3)
- AQUA 352-352L Aquaculture of Fishes (3), Aquaculture of Fishes Lab (1)
- AQUA 353-353L Invertebrate & Algae Culture (3), Cultures of Invertebrates Lab (1)
- AQUA 425-425L Water Qual & Aquatic Product (3), Water Qual & Aquatic Prod Lab (1) or NRES 425 Marine Biogeochemistry (3)
- AQUA 466 Fisheries Science (3)
- HORT 262 Princ Of Hort (3)
- HORT 263 Hydroponics and Vegetables (3)
- Choose one course from the following courses: (3)
- AG 375 Intro To Genetic Analysis (3)
- BIOL 376 Genetics (3)
2. Supplemental Requirements
- Chemistry (Choose one sequence of the following three sequences):
- Sequence 1: CHEM 161-161L General Chemistry I (3), General Chemistry I Lab (1) and CHEM 162-162L General Chemistry II (3), General Chemistry II Lab (1)
- Sequence 2: CHEM 161-161L General Chemistry I (3), General Chemistry I Lab (1) and CHEM 141 Surv Organ Chem & Biochem (3)
- Sequence 3: CHEM 151-151L Elementary Survey of Chemistry (3), Elementary Survey of Chem Lab (1) and CHEM 141 Surv Organ Chem & Biochem (3)
- MARE 171-171L Marine Biology-Diversity (3), Marine Biology Laboratory (1)
- MARE 172 Marine Biology-Cellular Proc (3)
- MARE 201-201L Oceanography (3), Oceanography Lab (2)
- PHYS 151-151L College Physics I (3), College Physics I Lab (1)
- Choose two course pairs from the following three course pairs (8)
- MARE 371-371L Biology Of Marine Invertebrate (3), Bio Of Marine Invertebrate Lab (1)
- MARE 372-372L Biology Of Marine Plants (3), Biology of Marine Plants Lab (1)
- MARE 484-484L Biology Of Fishes (3), Biology Of Fishes Laboratory (1)
- Choose one course from the following two courses: (3)
- BIOL 281 General Ecology (3)
- MARE 265 Marine Ecology and Evolution (3)
- Choose one course from the following three courses: (3)
- BIOL 280 Biostatistics (3)
- MARE 250 Statistical Apps in Marine Sci (3)
- MATH 115 Intro to Stats and Prob (3)
Group 3. Electives, To be determined
Elective hours will vary depending upon which GE courses are selected by the student.
Total Semester Hours Required for the B.S. in Agriculture: Aquaculture Specialty
123 credits required.
- Students wishing to make timely progress toward graduation are urged to pay careful attention to all degree requirements.
- In addition, when planning a schedule of courses, it is imperative to be aware of course prerequisites and the frequency with which courses are offered. This information is available in the course listings in this Catalog.
- To ensure progress toward degree completion, students are urged to meet with an advisor each semester before registering.