B.A. in Pharmacy Studies Requirements
Group 1. General Education Foundation, Diversification, Structural, and Integrative Requirements in effect Fall 2018
Students may choose to graduate under the General Education Foundation, Diversification, Structural and Integrative requirements and graduation requirements in force at the time they entered the UH System, when they entered UH Hilo, or when they graduate, provided there is no break in enrollment.
Students should meet with their academic advisor to ensure that they enroll in courses that will enable them to meet these requirements as well as requirements for the major and for graduation. Some courses may meet both General Education requirements and major requirements.
The new GE foundations, diversification, structural and integrative requirements and lists of certified courses are posted on the General Education website.
This degree is available only to students currently enrolled in the PharmD program at UH Hilo DKICP.
Group 2. Major Requirements (68 credits)
First Professional Year: Fall (17)
- PHAR 500 Cornerstone Pharmacy and Sci (2)
- PHAR 510 Princ of Pharm Readiness I (1)
- PHAR 511 Foundational Pharm Biochem (2)
- PHAR 512 Foundational Pharm Immunology (2)
- PHAR 513 Pharmaceutical Formulations I (2)
- PHAR 514 Pharmacology/Medicinal Chem I (3)
- PHAR 515 Drug Information (2)
- PHAR 517 Foundational Calculations (1)
- PHAR 519 Therapeutic Prob Solving I (2)
- PHAR 501 (Credit awarded in Spring Semester)
First Professional Year: Spring (18)
- PHAR 520 Princ of Pharm Readiness II (1)
- PHAR 521 Comprehensive Clin Care I (1)
- PHAR 522 Essential Pharm Skills I (2)
- PHAR 523 Pharmaceutical Formulations II (2)
- PHAR 524 Pharmacology/Medicinal Chem II (3)
- PHAR 525 Evidence-Based Sci & Prac I (2)
- PHAR 526 Topics in Healthcare I (1)
- PHAR 527 Foun Indiv Pharmacotherapy (1)
- PHAR 528 Therapeutic Prob Solving II (2)
- PHAR 529 Therapeutic Prob Solving III (2)
- PHAR 501 Intro Pharm Prac Exp I (1)
Second Professional Year: Fall (16)
- PHAR 530 Princ of Pharm Readiness III (1)
- PHAR 531 Comprehensive Clin Care II (2)
- PHAR 532 Essential Pharm Skills II (2)
- PHAR 535 Evidence-Based Sci & Prac II (2)
- PHAR 537 Therapeutic Prob Solving IV (2)
- PHAR 538 Therapeutic Prob Solving V (2)
- PHAR 539 Therapeutic Prob Solving VI (2)
- PHAR 503 (Credit Awarded in Spring Semester)
- PHAR 502 Intro Pharm Prac Exp II Comm (1)
- Electives (2)
Second Professional Year: Spring (17)
- PHAR 540 Princ of Pharm Readiness IV (1)
- PHAR 541 Comprehensive Clin Care III (2)
- PHAR 542 Essential Pharm Skills III (2)
- PHAR 546 Topics in Healthcare II (3)
- PHAR 547 Therapeutic Prob Solving VII (2)
- PHAR 548 Therapeutic Prob Solving VIII (2)
- PHAR 549 Therapeutic Prob Solving IX (2)
- PHAR 503 Intro Pharm Prac Exp III (1)
- Electives (2)
- Students must earn at least a 2.0 GPA in courses required for the major.
- To earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Pharmacy Studies, students must fulfill the requirements for the major and meet all of the University’s other baccalaureate degree requirements. (Please see the Baccalaureate Degree Requirements in this Catalog.)
- Students wishing to make timely progress toward graduation are urged to pay careful attention to all degree requirements.
- In addition, when planning a schedule of courses, it is imperative to be aware of course prerequisites and the frequency with which courses are offered. This information is available in the course listings in this Catalog.
- To ensure progress toward degree completion, students are urged to meet with an advisor each semester before registering.