Who is Eligible?

Do you meet these qualifications?

  • Need to be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) as a classified student at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
  • Is a U. S. citizen, U. S. national or permanent resident (citizens of the U.S. - affiliated Pacific Islands are eligible).
  • Is from an underprivileged background - if you qualify for the Pell Grant, you may be eligible. (check with SSSP for acceptable income levels)
  • Is a first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor's degree)
  • Have a documented disability (documentation must be provided)