On this page:
Some Print Books Unavailable
Due to a system-wide agreement with HathiTrust to provide online access to certain titles during pandemic conditions, print copies of those titles are not available to be checked out of any UH library.
When searching LibCat, if you see an entry with the "Full Text may be available at HathiTrust" notation, you will need to select that HathiTrust link to view the book online.
You are still welcome to look at those print titles in the library when we are open. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Mookini Library is trying LibraryH3lp, a chat service. To see if we are available to chat, select Help from the top of any library webpage or go directly to hilo.hawaii.edu/library/chat (limited hours of availability).
Mookini Library Video Tutorials
Learn about the library's collections and services, how to get access to resources, course reserves, loans, and more. Most videos shorter than 2 minutes. Link available from the Research page.
Additional COVID-19 Restrictions for Mookini Library
The Mookini Library is open only to UH students, faculty, and staff with a current ID. The library is currently closed to the public.
- Everyone inside the library is required to wear a mask or cloth face covering at all times.
- Library patrons are restricted to the 2nd floor (Main Level).
- The 1st floor (Lower Level) is closed. For retrieval of materials, please contact the Circulation Desk at (808) 932-7286.
- The 3rd floor (Upper Level) is closed except for those going to HITS or Graphics Services.
- The Hawaiian Collection is closed. For retrieval of materials, please contact the Circulation Desk at (808) 932-7286.
- Some materials may be unavailable if not necessary for course work.
- Reference / Research Assistance available only via:
Choose your campus from the Research page to begin exploring through the Databases - A-Z list.
- Explore more than 2.5 million images of paintings, sculptures, ceramics, photographs, and anthropological artifacts from approximately 300 museum and university collections around the world. Temporary access; expires Dec. 31, 2020.
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Full-text journals and reference books on entrepreneurship and small business covering management, marketing, organizational behavior, product development, raising capital, risk taking, and more. Case studies, videos, and company profiles are included.
- Environment Complete
- Comprehensive index of periodicals in all environmental studies subjects. Many journals and some reference books are full text.
- Learning Express
- Test preparation and study guide source, including practice tests, tutorials, and flashcards. Set up an account to practice for the GRE, SAT, and other tests. There are also short courses on computer skills, finance, and other college and study skills.
- Literary Reference Center
- Reference works and journals, mostly full text, covering all genres and time periods of literature. Videos, book reviews, author biographies and interviews, study guides, literary criticism, and classic texts are included.
- NoveList Plus and NoveList K-8 Plus
- Wondering what novel or story to read next? Tools like “read-alikes” can help you decide.
- Sustainability Reference Center
- Full-text content from journals and some reference books covering all aspects of sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
- Vocational Studies
- Full-text journals and books for community college programs, including substance abuse counseling, CAD, criminal justice, forensics, graphic arts, health information technology, travel and tourism, veterinary assisting and more.