The Edwin H. Mookini Library exists to serve its primary patrons: the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo and Hawai‘i Community College. However, the general public is welcome to use the facility as long as all library policies are followed.
Certain restrictions as to age have been imposed:
- Unless supervised by adults, children 8th grade and below are not allowed in the library.
- Small children may not touch library computers or other equipment.
- Parents or caretakers not enforcing these rules will be asked to remove their children from the building.
- High school students may use the library up until 6:00 p.m. Exceptions: students in advanced placement courses and those supervised by an adult may use the library at any time. High school students found to be truants will be asked to leave.
Mookini Library extends borrowing privileges to members of the community in accordance with the last page of the UH Libraries System guidelines (PDF) .
Community users should use this LibCat version to search for print books available in Mookini Library.
Library Card Fees
- $30.00 for six months
- $60.00 for one year
Senior Citizens (60+ years)
- $20.00 for six months
- $30.00 for one year
Locally based county, state, and federal agencies
- First two cards - no charge
- Additional cards - $50.00 each