Schedule of Events | 2016 PSBN Artist Symposium
Symposium Events: (free and open to the public)
Weds. October 19, 2016:
- 5:30 - 6:30pm, PSBN Juror, Lloyd Menard Artist Lecture, UH Hilo University Classroom Building (UCB) 100
- 7:00 - 8:30pm, Opening Reception for the Pacific States Biennial North American Juried Printmaking Exhibition, UH Hilo Campus Center (CC) 301
Fri. October 21, 2016:
3:00 - 4:00pm, ART/SCI 2016: Where Art and Science Meet, Gallery Lecture by Honolulu Printmaker, Paul Weissman, East Hawaii Cultural Center Annex
Sat. October 22, 2016:
- 10:00am - 2:00pm, Intaglio Printing Demonstration, UH Hilo Master Printer Jon Goebel with Artist Lloyd Menard, Hawaiʻi Community College 395
Mon. October 24, 2016:
- 6:00 - 7:00pm, Matt Egan Artist Presentation, UH Hilo University Classroom Building (UCB) 100
Tues. October 25, 2016:
- 10:00am - 12:00pm, Symmetrical Printing Presentation with PSBN Symposium Artist, Koichi Yamamoto, Hawaiʻi Community College 395
- 12:45 - 1:30pm, Coffee and Conversation with PSBN Symposium Artist, Koichi Yamamoto, UH Hilo Library Lanai
- 2:00 - 3:00pm, Bridging the Pacific: Student-Artist Panel Discussion, UH Hilo Campus Center (CC) 301
Weds. October 26, 2016:
- 6:00 - 8:00pm, Marilee Salvator Artist Presentation, Donkey Mill Art Center, Holualoa
Fri. October 28, 2016:
- 10:00am - 2:00pm, Michelle Martin (monotype) and Michael Barnes (reductive stone lithography) demonstrations, Hawaiʻi Community College 395
- 7:00 - 9:00pm, PSBN Symposium Artists Reception for Master Printmakers Invitational, Bridging the Pacific, and Honolulu Printmakers exhibitions, East Hawaiʻi Cultural Center
Sat. October 29, 2016:
- 10:00am - 12:00pm, Open Portfolio, East Hawaii Cultural Center [Artist Registration]
- 1:00 - 3:00pm, Printmaking Demonstrations by Marilee Salvator (Intaglio/mixed media Printmaking) and Matt Egan (color plate lithography), East Hawaiʻi Cultural Center
Lloyd Menard Artist Lecture: On October 19, 2016 from 5:30 - 6:30pm, the Pacific States Biennial North American Juror, Lloyd Menard will present about his artworks and involvements with Frogman's Press & Print Workshop at UH Hilo in University Classroom Building (UCB) 100. The PSBN opening reception will follow with refreshments at 7:00pm in the Campus Center 301.
PSBN Juried Exhbition Reception: On October 19, 2016 from 7:00 - 8:30pm, the Pacific States Biennial North American Printmaking Exhibition will formally open to the public at UH Hilo in Campus Center (CC) 301. This premier juried exhibition will showcase contemporary prints selected from all over North America. Refreshments will be provided.
Intaglio Printing Demonstration: On October 22, 2016 from 10:00am - 2:00pm, the UH Hilo Art Department will open its Printmaking Studio to the public where Master Printer Jon Goebel will demonstrate the centuries-old technique of intaglio printing using Visiting Artist Lloyd Menard's intaglio plates. The UH Hilo Art Department is located on the Hawaiʻi Community College Campus, in building 395.
Coffee and Conversation: On October 25, 2016 from 12:45 - 1:30pm, join PSBN Symposium Visiting Artist, Koichi Yamamoto, for coffee at the UH Hilo Library Lanai. Select works from the artist will be on display in the UH Hilo Library during the month of October.
Bridging the Pacific: Student-Artist Panel Discussion: On October 25, 2016 from 2:00 - 3:00pm, Students attending the 2016 PSBN Symposium are invited to participate in a student led panel discussion about the portfolio theme. The panel will consist of 5 or more students (one or more from each university) and each student will have the opportunity to present their interpretation of how their surrounding geography and environment affect their culture or personal identity.
PSBN Symposium Artists Reception: On October 28, 2016 from 7:00 - 9:00pm, Artists will be present for the public reception of the Master Printmakers Invitational, Bridging the Pacific, and Honolulu Printmakers exhibitions held at the East Hawaii Cultural Center. Pupus and Refreshments will be provided. Free and open ot the public.
Open Portfolio: On October 29, 2016 from 10:00am - 12:00pm, PSBN symposium participants will have the opportunity to present their works in a forum open to the public. Advance [Artist Registration] is required to present in the Open Portfolio session. Each artist will receive one table and approximately 30 minutes to show their work. Event is free and open to the public. Event will be held at the East Hawaiʻi Cultural Center.