How we help
Advisors in our office help new students get acclimated to the academic journey ahead of them, while also serving as bridges to the advisor they will be assigned to in their major. If students do not have a major, they are assigned to an advisor in the Advising Center. Based on their needs, students may also choose to work with one or more advisors in various offices around campus. New students get assigned an advisor by the 3rd week of their first semester at UH Hilo.
Other advising options
In addition to academic advisors, UH Hilo has other programs that offer specialized advising services to specific populations of students.
- Kipuka Native Hawaiian Student Center
- Minority Access and Achievement Program
- Student Support Services Program
- International Student Office
- Pacific Island Student Center
- Global Exchange
- National Student Exchange
- Intercollegiate Athletics Office