December 2020 Stall Talk
Student Health and Wellness Programs
Stall Talk: Winter Break and Self Care
Follow us on Instagram @UHH_SHWP
"I olano ke kino i ka mā‘onao ka‘ōpū; E pū paʻakai kākou me ka mahalo"
The body enjoys health when the stomach is well filled; Let us share our food together in thanks.
Nourish your body with good food and your soul with the company of loved ones; the holidays are a time to restore ones whole self.
**Why Practice Self-Care? **
We are more resilient and more able to handle life's stress when we are feeling our best both physically and emotionally.
Self-CareStrategies Over the Break:
Get a massage, catch up on sleep, spend time with loved ones, go outdoors, get regular exercise, nourish your skin, try new foods, read a book!
Time for an end of the year check-in?
As we wrap up the 2020 year, take the time to complete a wellness check-up. Scan the codes below to complete a Mindwise or ULifeline mental health screening today!
- December 2: CC-301 from 11-1pm: Ornament Decorating Relaxation Station
- December 28: 1-3pm on Zoom: Visual Vision Board Relaxation Station
- December 10: Last Day of Instruction
- December 14-18: Final Exams
- December 18: Fall Semester Ends
- December 19: Commencement
- January 11: First day of Instruction
In an emergency:
Call 911 or
(808) 974-7911 (x7911 campus phone)
Crisis Line of Hawaiʻi:
(Available 24-hours, 7 days a week)
Hawaiʻi Crisis Text Line:
Text "ALOHA" to 741741
YWCA 24-hour Sexual Assault Hotline:
Student Medical Services :
UH Hilo Care Team:
Christopher Holland , Dean of Students
UH Hilo Title IX Office:
Stall Talk Flyer