October 2019 Stall Talk
Student Health and Wellness Programs
Stall Talk: Campus Security
‘A‘ohe mālama, pau i ka ‘iole. (When one takes care of their goods they will not suffer losses.) - ‘Ōlelo No‘eau
Health and Safety is VITAL to everything at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
The Campus Security Office is located in Room 151 of the University Classroom Building (UCB) and is accessible or call 974-7911 (dial 7911 from any on campus extension), or call 911).
- Escort Services available
- Safety & Security tips
- Emergency Preparedness
- Lost and Found
- Campus Crime Statistics
If you see something, say something:
Silent Witness Reporting is available via online link for anonymous reporting of incidents and crimes. Victims and witnesses are encouraged to talk to Campus Security by phone or in person.
An incident report form is available on the Security website sidebar if you wish to file with contact information.
Be an Upstander!
An Upstander is a person who recognizes when something is wrong and acts to make it right. When we stand up for what is right, and do our best to help support and protect someone who is being hurt, we are being socially responsible.
Think Safe, Act Safe, Be Safe
- Download and become familiar with the Emergency Response App. It's also available on the security website.
- Report any suspicious persons or activities; report all incidents no matter how minor; report losses immediately.
- Be sure to lock and secure all windows and doors; lock your cars and bikes; store valuables in the trunk.
- Never loan keys to anyone (they are easily lost, stolen, or duplicated).
- Mark or engrave your belongings; don't leave belongings and valuables unattended for any amount of time i.e. laptops, electrical equipment, jewelry.
- At night, travel and park in lighted areas; travel in pairs if possible; be aware of your surroundings.
- Contact the Security Office to schedule an Escort. Male and female guards are available to assist you to safety.
Security Website is a great resource for more information on these topics.
In an emergency:
Call 911 or
(808) 974-7911 (x7911 campus phone)
Crisis Line of Hawaiʻi:
(Available 24-hours, 7 days a week)
Hawaiʻi Crisis Text Line:
Text "ALOHA" to 741741
YWCA 24-hour Sexual Assault Hotline:
Student Medical Services :
Stall Talk Flyer