Healthy Campus Challenge #GetCovered
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is proud to participate in the White House Healthy Campus Challenge, designed to help students, faculty, and staff enroll in health insurance.
Please review the links below to various health insurance providers, including the Health Insurance Marketplace where you'll be able to shop for and compare plans to find one that's right for you. If you have any questions, please contact Student Health and Wellness Programs for assistance.
Open Enrollment Important Dates & Deadlines
- November 1, 2016
- Open enrollment started - first day to enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2017 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage starts as soon as January 1, 2017
- December 15, 2016
- Last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start by January 1, 2017
- January 1, 2017
- 2017 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 31, 2017
- Last day to enroll in or change a 2017 health plan. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a special enrollment period.
In-Person Enrollment Event at UH Hilo
Need assistance with enrollment? Stop by our 3rd Annual Health Fair at Campus Center Plaza on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 between 10AM-2PM to meet with an agent who can help you apply, pick a plan, and enroll. Click here to learn more!
Health Insurance Marketplace
The Marketplace allows individuals to shop for and compare plans to find one that's right for them.
Visit the Marketplace: https://www.healthcare.gov/
As a college student, you have several choices for health coverage:
- A student health plan
- A Marketplace health plan
- Coverage on a parent's plan
- Catastrophic health plans
- Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Coverage
For more information visit the Health Insurance Marketplace - College Students: What do I need to know about the Marketplace? - Turning 26?