1. nvt., To wind, twist, writhe, crank, turn, screw, drill, bore; to dial, craīnk, or ring up, as on the telephone; to roll up, as a mat; crank, coil, lock, as of hair.
- Wili Koʻolau, Koʻolau whirlwind [careless, hurried work].
- Ma ka ʻākau, wili, right, turn.
- Ua wili ʻia kou niho me ka mīkini wili, your tooth was drilled with the drill.
- See maʻi wili, wili lauoho.
- PPN wili .
2. n., Mill, drill, wrench, bit; various implements or machines used for turning are listed below.
- Nā mea wili (Nah. 11.8), mills.
- Cf. hale wili.
3. n., Spirals of several colors in composite leis, as of the cigar flower (kīkā).
4. n., A bird (no data).
- KL. line 420.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log