- Welo kīhei i ke Aʻe Loa, the shawl streams in the Aʻe Loa wind [said of a swift runner].
2. vi., To set, of the sun.
- Mai ka ʻōmaka ʻana o ka lā ma Kumukahi ā ka welo ʻana a ka lā i Lehua (Kel. 85), from the rising of the sun at Kumukahi to the setting of the sun at Lehua.
- Probably PPN welo.
- He welo huhū, a family trait of quick tempers.
- Ka poʻe o ʻEnelani Hou he welo holomoku, the people of New England have the trait of seafaring.
- Ua kapa ʻia kō mākou ʻohana ka welo kūnono o Waikapuna, our family is called the fiery breed of Waikapuna.
4. (Cap.) n., Name of a month in the lunar calendar.
- See month.
5. (Cap.) n., Name of a star used by navigators.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.