1. nvs., Woman, lady, wife; sister-in-law, female cousin-in-law of a man; queen in a deck of cards; womanliness, female, femininity; feminine; Mrs.; to have or obtain a wahine; to become a woman, as an adolescent. In some chants, as those about Pele, the word wahine has a connotation of goddess (see ex., ʻolokaʻa).
- Kai wahine (Kep. 183), a gentle sea.
- Kamika wahine, Mrs. Smith.
- Pipi wahine, cow.
- A laila wahine ʻoe (Laie 493), then you will have a wife.
- Kāna wahine maikaʻi, his good wife.
- Kona wahine maikaʻi, her good-looking femininity.
- Ua wahine ʻoe (GP 12), now you have a woman.
- Cf. wāhine.
- PPN fafine, PCP wafine.
2. n., Plant names.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.