1. n., Place, location, position, site, setting.
- Ma kekahi wahi, somewhere.
- Kēlā wahi kēia wahi, everywhere.
- Ma ia mau wahi, hereabouts, thereabouts.
- Ma nā wahi āpau, everywhere, wherever, universal.
- Ua hele akula lāua ia wahi aʻe, ia wahi aʻe, they went everywhere.
- Iāʻoe ia wahi, none of your business [rude]; it's your turn [polite].
2. Paucal article. Some, a little, a bit of.
- E ʻoluʻolu ʻoe i wahi wai, please a little water.
- He wahi makana kēia, this is just a little gift.
- ʻAʻohe wahi ā neʻeneʻeu mai, does not bestir at all.
3. idiom. To say, according to (usually followed by the possessive a or by a zero-class possessive and not preceded by either verb or noun particles).
- Wahi a wai? Who said so?
- Wahi a ke aliʻi, the chief said.
- Wahi a kahiko, according to the ancients.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log