1. Hit. Kuʻi, pepehi, hau, hahau, uhau, kā; kāhoa (as a fish on a hook); kani, kē (as a clock); koe (as a match).
- Also: kākā, hoa, hoahoa, kū, kūhewa, kua, hekau, kīpē, kākiʻi, ʻiliki, pūkē, kōkē, kāpehi, hoʻoīkā; panapana (gently); paʻē (as distant sounds on the ear); haluku (as canoe sides with a paddle); kāʻina (in sorcery); — indiscriminately, kuʻikē; — down, kua; — against, keʻehi, īkā; — with a side stroke or obliquely, pā lala, kākiwi; — from the back, kālawa kua; — with wings, as an angry bird, kīpaʻi.
- Rare: hoko, oloʻū, oma.
- To strike with the fist, kuʻi lima.
- To strike with a net, uhau ʻupena.
- To strike with sticks, ʻōlā ʻau.
2. Work stoppage. ʻOlohana, ʻolohani.
- To cause a strike, hōʻolohani.