1. n., Spring (of water).
- Cf. pūnāwai.
- PPN puna.
2. n., Coral, lime, plaster, mortar, whitewash, calcium; coral container, as for dye, coral rubber.
- E lawe ʻoia i ka puna hou e hamo i ka hale (Oihk. 14.42), and he shall take new plaster and plaster the house.
- PPN punga.
3. n., Section between joints or nodes, as of bamboo or sugar cane.
4. n., Cuttlebone, as of octopus.
5. Short for kupuna as a term of address.
6. Short for punalua.
7. vi., To paddle with the hands, as to start a surfboard on its way to catch a wave.
8. n., Spoon (preceded by ke).
- Ke iho ihola ke puna, the spoon is let down [the lower lip, of a pouter].
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log