2. vs., Short (perhaps so called because the owl's neck was short).
- ʻOki pueo ʻia ka lauoho, hair cut short.
- Cf. hue nuku pueo.
3. Same as ʻaho pueo, main purlin of a house.
- Kuʻu manu noho pū me ke kanaka: pueo (riddle), my bird living with people: owl [pun on ʻaho pueo].
4. vt., To rock a child on the foot; while doing this one amused the child by chanting pūeoeo.
5. n., Shroud of a ship or canoe.
6. See papapueo, a taro.
7. n., House lashing.
- Kam. 76:97.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.