1. n., Pig, hog, swine, pork.
- Puaʻa ʻimi aliʻi (FS 127), a chief-seeking pig [a priest after proper prayers would release a pig, which would then approach a chief that the priest was to serve].
- Puaʻa nui huelo huluhulu, great pig with hairy tail [a name given to the horse on Lānaʻi].
- Moe ka ihu o ka puaʻa, the snout of the pig has been laid down [entire pig sacrifice is offered].
- Iāʻoe ke poʻopuaʻa a kākou, you are in charge of our offering of pig [literally, pig head].
2. n., Formerly a general name for introduced quadrupeds.
- Gram. 2.9.2.
3. n., Banks of fog or clouds, often as gathered over a mountain summit, a sign of rain and believed to be the cloud forms of Kamapuaʻa.
- Mehe ao puaʻa lā, ke aloha e kau nei, like a cloud resting on the mountain is the love alighting here.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.