1. n., Hollow or palm of the hand, hollow of the foot, depression, hollow; container, receptacle, pouch, as for tobacco; box, as for matches; hollow of a canoe, divided into three parts (mua, waena, hope).
- Poho kai, hollow where sea remains at low tide.
- PCP po(f,s)o.
2. nvt., Mortar; to knead, as bread or poi (Kep. 165).
- Poho ʻinamona, stone mortar for grinding cooked kukui nuts and salt into a relish; to mix the relish.
3. nvt., Patch, as in clothes; a wooden patch inserted into a calabash, as to mend a break; to patch, mend.
4. vt., To belly out, puff out, as clothes on a line or a sail; to hollow or dub out, as a wooden container.
- Poho pono nā peʻa i ka makani (song), the sails are well filled with wind.
5. n., Chalk, chalky white earth, as of limestone.
6. n., A unit of measure equal to half a span (kīkoʻo).
7. n., A bundle of tapa pieces (moʻomoʻo).
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log