pepeiao/ pepei.ao /
- Lohe pepeiao, hearsay, to have heard only.
- Pepeiao manana, protruding ears.
- Pepeiao pili, ears pressing close to the head.
- Pepeiao pilau, infected ear.
- E heluhelu ma nā pepeiao o nā kānaka (Puk. 24.7), read in the audience of the people.
- Cf. līpepeiao.
2. n., Cotyledon, as of beans.
4. n., Scallops in lace.
5. n., Lugs or blocks inside a canoe hull to which the ʻiako, booms, and perhaps the mast (For. 5:633) are fastened.
6. n., Comb cleats for canoe thwarts or seats.
7. n., Chinese cake stuffed with meat, named for a resemblance to an ear.
- Cf. cup-shaped mea ʻono puaʻa.
8. n., Long nets 30 to 37 m deep, attached at each side of the ʻupena kolo, bag net.
9. n., Valve of the heart.
10. Same as pepeiao akua.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log