1. nvs., Flat surface, stratum, plain, reef, layer, level, foundation, story of a building, floor, class, rank, grade, order, table, sheet, plate, shelf (rare), face (of a watch); flat, level; to be a great many.
- Kui papa, to make overlap on a lei, as feathers.
- Helu papa, to recite in consecutive order.
- Neʻe papa, to move in rank.
- Kūkū papa, to stand in ranks, as an army.
- Cf. aliʻi papa, noho papa #1, papa aliʻi.
- PPN papa .
2. nvs., Native-born, especially for several generations (see noho papa #2); offspring of the mating of an individual of piʻo, naha, or nīʻaupiʻo rank, with one of kaukaualiʻi rank; the lowest ranking aristocrat.
3. vs. Set close together, thick together, as of growing plants; in unison, all together.
- He kāhili papa iki, a feather standard with small feathers.
4. nvs., Board, lumber; wooden.
5. n., A variety of kava. The name may be qualified by the colors ʻeleʻele, kea.
6. n., Middle portion of a fishing net, bag net.
7. (Cap.) n., Wind associated with Honuaʻula, Maui.
- For. 5:101.
8. n. Stone used as sinker for lūheʻe, octopus lure.
- Malo 19.
9. n. Wafer.
- Puk. 29.2.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log