1. nvs., Nightmare (named for a chief of evil spirits on Lānaʻi who was killed by Kaululāʻau; his spirit enchanted certain fish, especially goatfish (weke); if a weke head is eaten near bedtime, nightmares are said to result; the closer to Lānaʻi the weke is caught, the worse the nightmare); ghost; haunted; unlucky.
- He hale pahulu, a haunted house.
- Pō nā maka i ka noe, i ka pahulu i ke ala loa, eyes blinded by the mist, by the haunts of the long road.
2. nvs., Exhausted, worn-out, of over-farmed soil; such soil.
3. n., Volunteer sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes of the second growth.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log