1. n., Box, drum, cask, chest, barrel, trunk, tank, case, ship binnacle, collection box, keg, ark, coffin, dresser, bureau, cabinet; bald heads were sometimes ridiculed as drums.
- Cf. hulipahu, pahu pāpale.
- PPN pasu, PEP pahu.
2. n., Stake, staff, stick, post, pole.
3. vt., To push, shove; to thrust or hurl, as a spear or javelin; to pierce with a sharp instrument, as in letting blood; to fall overboard (For. 5:123).
- Figuratively, to bruise the feeling of others.
- PPN pasu.
4. vt., To cut off short; odd-numbered.
- I pahu kō ʻoukou ʻaoʻao (For. 6:53), if your side is odd-numbered.
5. n., Trunkfishes, boxfishes, cowfishes (Ostracion 🌐).
6. n., Name of a region below the ʻilima and above the kula.
7. n., Gill net used in shallow water.
- Malo 213, Emerson note.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log