pūnohu/ pū.nohu /
1. nvi., To rise, as smoke, mist; to billow out, as a ship's sail; to spread out, as a shrub with low branches or as a cloud, to whiffle; such rising.
- Pūnohu ʻula, i ke kai (song), red rising mist on the sea. (The connotation of redness is sometimes present even without ʻula. Cf. ua pūnohu.)
- Nā ao ʻeleʻele, maluna aʻe o nā ao polohiwa i mau ao uli, a me nā pūnohu huna one, i mau ao ua (Kep. 175), black clouds above the solid black clouds to dark clouds, and small sandlike rising clouds to rain clouds.
- Cf. also Lunk. 20.40.
2. n., Rainbow lying close to the earth.
- UL 99.
3. n., Slate pencil sea urchin.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log