1. nvs., Big, large, great, greatest, grand, important, principal, prime, many, much, often, abundant, bulky; plenty, a lot, maximum, most, size, number, amount, bulk, volume, magnitude, quantity, dimension, extent, area, entirety, greater part, enough, sufficiency. Before a noun, nui may mean ‘group’, as nui manō, group of sharks, or nui manu, flock of birds.
- Nui loa, nui ʻino, nui hewahewa, very much or many, abundant, too much, very large, immense, huge.
- Aloha nui loa, aloha ā nui, very much aloha [common salutations to letters].
- Leo nui, loud voice, loud.
- Nui nā hewa, many mistakes.
- Nui lua ʻole, immeasurably large, tremendous.
- Nui iki, a trifle larger.
- Nui aʻe, larger.
- Ka nui mai auaneʻi kona kino, what a large body he has.
- Nui ʻino lākou, they were very many.
- Ua hele nui aku nei i kahakai, the many of them went to the beach.
- Ua hoʻi aku nei ka nui kamaliʻi, the great part of the children have returned.
- Ua nui kēia, this is enough.
2. (Cap.) n., Name of a star (no data).
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.