1. nvs., Tooth; toothed; nipper, as of an insect; octopus beak; Aristotle's lantern, of a sea urchin; claw, as of crab; tusk; stones set interlocking, as in a wall; biting, of the teeth; cog.
- Mai hana wale aku ʻoe iā Keʻoi, he niho, don't act indiscriminately toward Keʻoi, he has teeth! [He is dangerous, as in sorcery.]
- Nā niho o kāna pale kaua (Ioba 15.26), the bosses of his bucklers.
- Puka ka niho o Laʻakea, Laʻakea is getting his teeth.
- Hoʻonoho niho ʻia, the stones are set [as in a fence].
- See niho-manō.
- PPN nifo.
2. n., Tapa or mat patterns, always followed by qualifiers; see below.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log